Dynamics 365 is a complete, next-generation CRM and ERP solution. Powered by Microsoft, the software suite comes with many perks, including professional features like the ability to create marketing lists. We’ll look examine this function more closely in the following article.
What is Microsoft Dynamics 365?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is first and foremost a growth accelerator. Lauded by the international group as such, this complete software suite remains a solution of choice for professionals wishing to get an upper hand on managing all the steps of their growth process.
Positioning itself as the cornerstone of the new generation of CRM and ERP, Dynamics 365 enables you to implement a decision-making process with each type of data. Your corporation, business or organization can, among other things, formalize decisions to access growth.
A logistical and decision-making tool, this software is based on several functionalities, covering products that range from sales and marketing to operations and services. Here, we’ll be discussing a particular component of 365: Marketing.
What is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing?
As you just read, the Microsoft software suite covers various key business areas. Here, we’ll deal with the marketing component.
With a dedicated tool for this sector, Dynamics 365 offers a simpler, more professional approach to what is sometimes an intangible part of business. What’s more, 365 Marketing allows you to create and strengthen your clientele base, seamlessly manage your business’ sales and marketing, and adapt your decisions thanks to artificial intelligence designed to formalize complex decisions.
This access to growth is based on rational marketing management—a strategy that we’ll discuss below.
Creating lists with Dynamics 365 Marketing
This is the main focus of our article: creating lists using the Dynamics 365 Marketing tool. We’ll detail this process shortly. To begin with—and this is what’s important to understand—, you can create different marketing lists with the help of this Microsoft software.
There are two types of lists: static and dynamic. Each has their own unique characteristics.
- Static lists: these are “manual” lists. They allow you to add members one at a time.
- Dynamic lists: these are “automated” lists. They independently manage many aspects with flexibility. For example, when creating campaigns for members who are part of a specific group, you must use dynamic lists. They’ll let you manage, at a general level, every member, campaign or even group.
In summary, thanks to this marketing software suite from the American firm headed by Bill Gates, you’ll be all set to manage each of your clients. Now, let’s take a closer look at how to create these lists.
How to create marketing lists
At its core, this process is actually quite simple. To create a marketing list with the Dynamics 365 Marketing tool, you’ll need to:
- Navigate to the Marketing section.
- Go into the Marketing lists option.
- Change each of the following elements: name, list type, target, member, currency, processer – you can even add a description or a cost.
- Save and close.
Basically, choosing either a dynamic or static list is incredibly simple. But this is only the beginning. You’ll now need to add members. We’ll explain how to do this in detail below.
How to add members to your static 365 marketing lists
Here too, the process is pretty simple. Nonetheless, as you’ll see, you have a ton of options. Method:
- Go to any marketing list and click “add.”
- In the “Members” section, you’ll have several options: – Add members via the Save part. Here, simply set the search filters, then save each member one at a time. Of course, click “Add” to confirm your choice. – Add members using the Advanced Search part. Here, you’ll need to click on “Add members.” You’ll then see several search filters that will allow you to add members based on their name, town, etc. – Delete members using the advanced search. Here, using the advanced search, you can delete whichever members you choose. These members will meet your chosen criteria. The method is pretty similar to that of the previous option, except that here you’re deleting members instead of adding them. – Always update your list using advanced search. Here you should be able to search for members and delete or move them, or only keep the members you’ve selected in this list.
All in all, the list function is very user-friendly. You’ve got access to an incredibly powerful tool, particularly in that it allows you to select members with precision, based on a complete set of criteria.
How to add members to your dynamic 365 marketing lists
It’s faster, and easier, to add members to dynamic lists than to static lists. In fact, to manage your members, simply:
- Go to the desired lists via the member manager.
- Manage members using the search tool.
Thanks to the query settings, you can then use the same process for automatically adding members to your list, deleting them or moving them. Overall, it’s a dynamic process.
How to assign (or not) marketing campaigns to a member list
This is the last point. It’s a pretty simple one, as once your campaign is created, finalized and validated, you’ll just need to add to your list:
- Go to the campaign and click “Add.”
- Next, find the list that you want to assign to a new campaign and select it. You’ve just assigned a marketing campaign to one of your marketing lists – it’s that simple!
Basically, the hardest thing about this procedure is creating a campaign or a list. Once you’ve completed these two prerequisites, you’ll be able to quickly assign member lists to campaigns.
List + Microsoft 365 Marketing: a very powerful tool
As you’ve just learned, member lists added to 365 Marketing will allow you to benefit from a powerful tool. A tool which, all the same, takes a bit of time to familiarize yourself with, if you have no prior knowledge of this field.
Nonetheless, and this is where Microsoft has done well, the tool remains similar to many others on the market. As a result, it’s user-friendly and sleek, without being a headache to navigate if you’re already familiar with this sort of procedure.
The main benefit of 365 Marketing lists is their ability to function hand-in-hand with marketing campaigns. Campaigns that can precisely target specific segments as we’ve described above. This very powerful tool will make a difference, especially with regards to growth, if you manage to properly analyze your data beforehand.