Microsoft Learn Dynamics 365 is the best way to learn how to use the company’s powerful cloud-based platform. Dynamics 365 provides a range of CRM and ERP software solutions, and businesses of all kinds can make use of its data-driven insights to increase productivity and connectivity, managing their operations across a number of different fields. For those who are looking to get to grips with CRM and ERP applications for the first time, trying to familiarize themselves with the specifics of Dynamics 365, or just making sure they stay up to date with its latest version, there is extensive guidance available. One of the best ways to learn is by taking advantage of education provided by Microsoft itself, and using Microsoft Learn Dynamics 365.
Before we get into the details of Microsoft Learn Dynamics 365, it’s worth finding out a bit about some of the Microsoft Learn fundamentals. Microsoft Learn is an online training platform where you can find out how to use a broad range of Microsoft products and services. It offers educational content that’s fun, interactive, and hands-on. Completely free and accessible to everyone, the platform is intended for anyone looking to educate themselves about Microsoft’s technologies, regardless of their skill level or specific goals. You could take advantage of it to develop your IT skills, to improve your career prospects, to solve a particular problem that your business might be facing, or just to get to know more about Microsoft and the types of solutions that are available from the company.
Microsoft Learn is fully adaptable to your own specific educational needs. Though you can take advantage of the platform in any way you like, there are three main ways in which you can learn:
- Learning Path. You can follow one of a broad range of learning paths that are tailored towards specific goals. They’re organized around a particular technology or software solution (Azure Web Apps, the basics of C#) as well as particular job roles (software developer, system administrator). The learning paths are composed of individual modules, which can also be taken individually if you prefer.
- Certification. Microsoft Learn also gives you the option to gain a certification in a particular skill or technology. These industry-recognized Microsoft certifications are a great way of demonstrating your capabilities and your commitment to keeping up with the latest technical developments in your chosen professional field. The qualifications are usually geared towards a specific role.
- Learn TV. The platform provides a variety of streaming video content, both live and pre-recorded. This can be one of the most effective ways of learning about Microsoft products, and the videos regularly feature members of the team who were involved in the creation of them.
Customize your path when training in Microsoft Learn Dynamics 365
Customization and personalized journeys are Microsoft Learn fundamentals. Everybody using the platform has their own unique path to follow in order to reach the particular destination they want or need, and its training programs can be customized according to your own goals.
Role-based learning paths
Customizing your learning path according to role is a useful option if you come to Microsoft Learn with a particular career goal in mind. The role-based learning paths currently available are:
- Administrator - Data Analyst - Privacy Manager
- AI Edge Engineer - Data Engineer - Risk Practitioner
- AI Engineer - Data Scientist - Security Engineer
- App Maker - Database Administrator - Solutions Architect
- Auditor - Developer - Student
- Business Analyst - DevOps Engineer - Technology Manager
- Business Owner - Functional Consultant
- Business User - Functional Consultant
Levels of the learning paths
If you’re looking for a more general, broader type of training, your Microsoft Learn learning path can also be customized according to the specific level that you would like to attain. The levels available are:
Product-based learning paths
Learning paths can also be customized according to products.
The product-based learning paths that are currently available are:
- .NET - Microsoft 365 - SQL Server
- Azure - Microsoft Edge - Surface
- Dynamics - Microsoft Graph - Visual Studio
- Dynamics 365 - Office - Windows
- GitHub - Power Platform
- Internet Explorer - Quantum Development Kit
On the platform, there are also individual pages for specific roles or products, and these offer you suggested options for learning paths or certifications, if you’re struggling to decide how to start your training.
Learn Dynamics 365
If you want to learn more about how to use Dynamics 365, regardless of your skill level of familiarity with the technology, then Microsoft Learn Dynamics 365 offers a range of options. You can follow any number of Dynamics 365 learning path, geared towards improving your broad competencies with different applications and solutions. A few examples of these learning paths that are currently available are:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals
- Architect solutions for Dynamics 365 and Power Platform
- Get started with Finance and Operations apps
There’s also the option to try a more direct hands-on learning approach, by taking individual Dynamics 365 modules, such as:
- How to build an automated solution
- Get started with Dynamics 365 Finance
- Manage leads with Dynamics 365 Sales
If you narrow down your Microsoft Learn options to those related to the Dynamics 365 product, you can also then choose modules and paths according to your current or desired role. Some of the key Dynamics 365 roles are:
- Functional Consultant
- Solutions Architect
Moving on from learning Dynamics 365 to more advanced methods
Once you’ve taken of advantage of Microsoft Learn Dynamics 365 enough to get a handle on the basics, it could be a good idea to take your learning up from the Microsoft Learn fundamentals to the next level. Advancing your capabilities could involve:
There are all kinds of certifications that you can take to prove your competence, test your knowledge, and motivate you to improve. These usually combine a number of different exams, which can be taken individually. There’s usually a fee that must be paid to sit each exam, which you can check on the relevant Microsoft Learn page. Microsoft Certifications that are specific to Dynamics 365 include:
- Dynamics 365 Business Central Functional Consultant Associate
- Power Platform App Maker Associate
- Dynamics 365 Finance Functional Consultant Associate
If your learning style is more suited to traditional in-person (or virtual) classroom education, or you’re not getting everything that you need out of the free modules and learning paths, then it might be worth looking at Instructor-led training. Microsoft offers training from its qualified experts, and the courses are usually aimed at helping you achieve a specific certification. You can check the relevant page to find out prices, and where your nearest in-person course is currently offered.
If there’s any more information or guidance that you need, once you’ve got to grips with the basics, all of Microsoft’s official documentation for Dynamics 365 is available to you. There’s a page for each of the features and functionalities of the technology, as well as for new software updates and developments.
Gestisoft Dynamics 365 marketing training: what do we offer?
Microsoft Learn Dynamics 365 is a great way to get to know this powerful and effective set of software solutions. To complement the Microsoft Learn fundamentals, Gestisoft can provide you with its own training for Dynamics 365, and has particular expertise in the field of marketing. Based in Quebec, the company has been offering small-to-medium sized businesses consultation and guidance for over 20 years. We’re now taking advantage of the Talent LMS platform to expand our services
What is Talent LMS?
- LMS stands for Learning Management System.
- Talent LMS is a cloud-based platform that allows to anyone to create or access training courses online. It’s compatible with a wide range of devices. Companies can easily adapt their pre-existing training materials for the platform, and take advantage of the extra connectivity and content offered by the digital space.
Gestisoft Talent LMS allows us to use all of our existing document and video content that we’ve created to help with Dynamics 365 and other support and guidance. Official documentation for the relevant products and services is available through our Talent LMS portal, and you can also take advantage of our own documents to help you pick up the skills required for Dynamics 365 marketing and other functionalities.
The Gestisoft Talent LMS platform offers administrative training for Dynamics 365, as well as for a number of other important roles and functions. We can also provide broader guidance and help for the Power Platform, which includes Microsoft Dynamics 365 as well as Office 365.